Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about PrintVision, yours may be answered below. If you'd like more information, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.
- What type of companies should use PrintVision?
Companies with the will to reduce the printing cost of everything from transactional projects and one-offs, to annual million-dollar procurements, to corporate promotional products that utilize ink on any type of substrate.
Hospitality, Financial, Consumer products, Technology, U.S. Government, Educational and Non-Profit organizations and other companies where printing is a major component of corporate marketing costs or the cost of goods sold.
Any company where the printed product is the component that is sold or re-sold to the end user: publishing and fulfillment companies; the print divisions of ad and marketing agencies; and micro marketing firms.
We work with clients of every size, from tiny nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies, government departments, educational institutions, and more. Whether you have a single print buyer or many buyers over multiple departments, our system will work for you. For more about what type of PrintVision service is most appropriate for your business or organization, see our PrintVision solutions.
- Can PrintVision be used to meet government bidding standards?
- Yes! U.S. Government departments use PrintVision for auctions that must be authenticated by date/time and bid number stamping. Our patented auction system meets all government bidding authentication protocols.
- What benefits should I expect from using PrintVision?
- You can expect increased efficiency and lower costs on virtually every project. For details, see our description of the benefits of using PrintVision.
- What does it cost to use PrintVision?
- There are no up-front costs to start using PrintVision's bidding and patented reverse auction system for your print projects — we will show you how!
- We've used a printer before, can we include them in an auction?
- Yes! Your printer can register with PrintVision by creating a user ID and password, and you'll be able to include them in any of your auctions.
- How can we learn how to put jobs on the site?
- PrintVision can show you how, with online help at every step of the process. We also offer in-person client training.
- How does a buyer invite suppliers?
- Most of our clients set up their preferred bidders in groups. This allows you to invite them all to bid on a new project with one click.
- Are our suppliers trained how to bid?
- Once your supplier registers with PrintVision, they receive training in using PrintVision's auctions; the training takes about ten minutes to complete.
- Can suppliers see each other's bids?
- Supplier see the other bids being submitted, but they do not see the identity of the bidders.
- Can we still have our same purchasing groups with our same group of suppliers, or do we have to join in with everyone else in our company?
- You still control your own purchasing processes and procedures. PrintVision is not one-size-fits-all; we are tailored to meet the needs of all different types of organizational structures.
- Do we need to change how we do business?
- Absolutely not. We just help you buy the printed products you already need more efficiently and at a lower cost.
- What is the best way to try PrintVision and see if it will work for us?
- Try PrintVision on your very next printing job. Even if you are under contract with a single supplier, you can try us on your very next off-contract procurement!
Still have questions? Be sure to check out the benefits of using PrintVision, and our solutions for business of all types. And don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything else you'd like to know about using PrintVision.