How PrintVision Works
The PrintVision idea is simple.
- You submit a Request for Quote using our customizable templates.
- You invite suppliers that meet your criteria to bid against each other for the opportunity to fulfill your request at the lowest possible price.
- Our patented reverse auction provides completely transparent, real-time pricing information, so you never overpay for printing.
- At the end of the auction, you select the printer that best meets your needs. You're not committed to the lowest bidder.
- How do I use PrintVision?
- You log in from anywhere in the world with your PrintVision login and password.
- You define the job parameters. Our thousands of templates are completely customizable, and you can save your customized templates for future jobs.
- You establish the timeline for both bidding and for job completion.
- You have the option of setting a budget for each project.
- You invite printers to bid on your job. You can invite printers you've worked with before, as well as any of the 3500+ vetted printers already in the PrintVision auction system.
- Bidders compete on price within the parameters you set, and you select any printer you like at the end of the bidding process.
- What type of bidding events does PrintVision offer?
PrintVision's patented reverse auction, in which multiple suppliers compete on price for your printing business, provides maximum transparency and substantial savings. In addition, you can also select from two types of sealed bid auctions. This is how each auction style works:
- Reverse Auction: Suppliers can enter multiple bids, driving the price down as the auction progresses; suppliers are able to see the competitors' bids, but not their identities, after they have placed their first bid. Buyers see each supplier's bid(s) as soon as they are posted.
- Real-time Sealed Bid Auction: Suppliers enter one bid; they do not see the competition's bids until the event closes; print buyers see the identity of the supplier and the amount of that supplier's bid as soon as their bid is posted.
- True Sealed Bid Auction: Suppliers enter one bid; they do not see the competition's bids until the event closes; print buyers see the identity of the suppliers and their respective bids only once the event closes.
- What does it cost to use PrintVision?
- There are no up-front costs to start using PrintVision's bidding and patented reverse auction system for your print projects — we will show you how!
See our presentation, Print Purchasing Simplified, for an overview of what PrintVision does and how it can benefit your business.Get started with PrintVision
Still have questions? Be sure to check out the benefits of using PrintVision, our solutions for business of all types, and our Frequent Asked Questions for more information. And don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything else you'd like to know about using PrintVision.